Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Lead By Example
As a public school classroom teacher for more than 30 years I have known that I serve as a role model for young people.
It is difficult to preach the benefits of health and fitness if the instructor is overweight and out of shape.
It would also be difficult to advocate for a higher level of social skills, while lacking proper behavior during stressful situations.
Our leaders need to lead by example while demonstrating what is right/ethical in making hard decisions for our community.
As the former chairman of the County Board of Ethics I understand the importance of conducting business in a fair and impartial manner, without bias or prejudice.
I also understand that as a leader we must set the example and that is why, if elected to the County Council from the 5th District, I would refuse to accept the 22 percent pay increase that the current council has voted to accept.
For more than five years I had written a weekly “Health & Fitness” column for the Hawaii Tribune-Herald and had refused compensation. Doing community service is what motivates me to run for office and once elected, Puna will have a representative that does the right/ethical thing on a daily basis.
I invite anyone who is interested to visit my web site at www.waynejoseph.com and to call me at home, 966-9407, to set up a meeting time for us to discuss issues.

Wayne,

Thank you for working as the Chairman of the County board of Ethics.

With this in mind, do you think it's ethical for the County of Hawaii to pay for the actions of a council member while in office if those actions are unethical?

I think you know where I'm gonna go with this and who were talking about.

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Hi Damon,
Since we do not know all the facts associated with this case, as the courts have sealed the documents and placed a gag order, it would not be fair to consequence someone or falsely judge them without their due process.
Let's forget about a certain case... and just take the question as it is.

Do you think it's ethical for the County of Hawaii to pay for the actions of a council member while in office if those actions are unethical?

-------
gag order, sexual harrassment, no one willing to step forward?

Why was the gag order in place? If it is to protect the victim fine. If it is to protect the accused. Not so fine.

I dont know much about it but what i have read and the quotes from Higa that he hasnt been "charged" with any wrong doing.

Great question, Damon! I'm assume you're talking about Higa?
I'm interested in hearing Big Dog's answer.

quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Wayne,

Thank you for working as the Chairman of the County board of Ethics.

With this in mind, do you think it's ethical for the County of Hawaii to pay for the actions of a council member while in office if those actions are unethical?

I think you know where I'm gonna go with this and who were talking about.

-------