Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna CDP
Just a reminder County Council's Planning Committee will considering the first round of the Puna CDP on July 1 in Hilo at 2 pm. Your support is needed.

Your testimony is also needed to override Chris Yuen's amendments to the plan.

Malama aina e malama o ke kai,
Kale Gumapac
Candidate for Puna Makai Council District 5
www.Kale4Puna.com
Emily needs to withdraw all of her 21 amendments for the PCDP to pass out of committee. Those of you who know Emily, please talk to her. Tell her the amendments must be withdrawn and submitted after the PCDP is approved by the County Council.

Kale Gumapac
Withdrawing her amendments does not mean that they will not be considered or approved. They just need to be considered in a process that does not
risk passage of the Puna Community Development Plan. Once the Plan is in place Emily's amendments, along with Chris Yuen's, can be studied and understood and voted on properly. Pass it Now, Amend it Later.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
worked for the constitution fairly well.
The County Council voted 6-3 on first reading today in favor of the Puna CDP, with non-substantive amendments from Chris Yuen. Councilwoman Emily Naeole voted in favor of it, as did Pete Hoffman, Angel Pilago, Brenda Ford, Dominic Yagong, and Bob Jacobson. So there's just the 2nd reading to turn out for for it to be officially adopted as the vision of the people of Puna!

In another action, the Council took convoluted action that allows the low-prioritizing of cannabis enforcement to go to the ballot in November. So the people will get their chance to individually weigh in on this issue. Yaaayyy, democracy!
That's awesome! Thanks Frankie for the good news!
I know the PCDP and the law enforcement priority issue represent many Puna people's hard work -
So congratulations to everyone who worked on them and mahalo!

Aloha,
Mitzi
Uluhe Design
Native Landscape Design
uluhedesign@yahoo.com
Rob, I have a question for you, (and being a former reporter, I should have thought of this possibility before). Will the time track the Puna CDP is moving along offer any hope that Mayor Kim is not still in office when the CDP advances for mayoral voting it up or down?

Councilwoman Naeole's vote would be absolutely critical for a veto override in case Kim vetoes it. We should all remember to thank Emily for her vote for the CDP on Wednesday. fs
Frankie's point re the Mayor's signature or veto is good.

After all, that is an upcoming step in the process.

Any words from the Mayor's Office?

quote:
Originally posted by frankiestapleton

Rob, I have a question for you, (and being a former reporter, I should have thought of this possibility before). Will the time track the Puna CDP is moving along offer any hope that Mayor Kim is not still in office when the CDP advances for mayoral voting it up or down?

Councilwoman Naeole's vote would be absolutely critical for a veto override in case Kim vetoes it. We should all remember to thank Emily for her vote for the CDP on Wednesday. fs

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park