Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we have in common is far greater than what se
"What we have in common is far greater than what separates us."
This is the first line of the Prologue of the Puna Community Development Plan.
I have just gone back and read that Prologue, contributed by Luana Jones. Mahalo, sista.
I would ask that, please, any- and everyone else who would claim an interest to do the same.

In my testimony to the Council, I insisted that the "spirit" of the PCDP brought forward by the people is what is important.

Reading the proposed amendments, and reading the PCDP Prologue, I know that the proposed amendments are not in the spirit of the same and good work that Luana's Prologue introduces so aptly.

The PCDP process has allowed our community to organize and look to a future our children will want to live in. No person in Puna has been excluded by this process.

It should be no person's expectation that the PCDP, or any piece of paper, will fully and truly shape a future our children will want to live in.
That is going to take work and cooperation and consideration and all of that and more all over again!

Here is what I propose, as a place to star:
1) The PCDP must be passed, as is.
2) The first step in the implementation process is to open the plan for proposed amendments and during a given 'window' of time.
3) Would someone please bring together a few of the key voices in this discussion in a real time, sit-down, quiet, confidential, conversation, so that nobody has to guess what's on the mind of someone else they haven't even spoken with directly ? My telephone number is 982-5549. Please call me, .

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
James,
Will you talk to Emily and get her to pass the Puna CDP now and submit her amendments later? It is important that it comes from her supporters that she needs to withdraw her amendments and submit after the PCDP passes....

Kale Gumapac
Mahalo James.

What you say is true.

Barbara Kahn-Langer
966-5004

15-2070 Ekaha (5th)