Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message to Drivers Re: Sign Wavers
Ok people... It's nice to be cool and honk to your favorite politician... but geez, let's keep the traffic moving!

I keep noticing slow downs each time a politician is out on Highway 130.

I noticed it the other Morning when Marzi was out waving.

I didn't slow down...however, I honked and supported him!

Is there really a reason to freaking slow down so much and be a freaking lookieloo just to get a glimpse at a candidate?

Most of these local candidates are very accessible if you ask them personally to meet up with them....

NO NEED TO SLOW DOWN TO CATCH A GLIMPSE OF ONE OF THEM!

[rant]end[/rant]

-------
Glob
How come they can do all the sign waving every year, but it's illegal to they for the rest of us to sell stuff on the side of road ??????? Oh i forgot, the politians make the laws for the rest of us to obey.
I'm no lawyer, but I imagine that like campaign signs and unlike commerce, roadside waving would probably fall under free speech.
Anyone wants to stand on the side of the road and wave is free to do so.

By the way:

Angel Pilago has asked his sign wavers to not sign wave on election day Saturday. He thinks it better to just let people vote and be respectful of that.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker
...Angel Pilago has asked his sign wavers to not sign wave on election day Saturday. He thinks it better to just let people vote and be respectful of that.

I got a message from Karen Eoff, one of his assistants, that on Saturday, Pilago Supporters should do the following:

"SATURDAY-SEPT. 20th...PLEASE GO TO (any) POLLING PLACE WITH A SIGN! (stay 200 ft. away from perimeter of parking)"

-------
Glob
Check with Karen. I believe my statement is correct and current.

Punaweb moderator

I believe you... I will remove the post on my blog that I cut and pasted from her email about 10 days ago.

-------
Glob
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Anyone wants to stand on the side of the road and wave is free to do so.

By the way:

Angel Pilago has asked his sign wavers to not sign wave on election day Saturday. He thinks it better to just let people vote and be respectful of that.

I would think there is a state law that would prohibit stopping along a state highway in the R/W for any thing other then an emergence is illegal.
It’s all about safety.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
To the best of my knowledge pedestrians always have the right of way. Stopping or parking a car in places might be what you refer to Scott.
Obviously there are suicidal locations which are unsafe. What we are talking about here is simply free speech. Pin the tail on the Donkey is perfectly legal but I wouldn't encourage playing at the top of a cliff.

To those who don't like the political signs and waving: It's too bad democracy is messy isn't it?

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
I kinda feel that the sign waving is part of what makes Hawaii Hawaii whomever the candidate.

it is quite charming, so just be aware while you drive by the sign wavers - might even have to put your cell phone down.