Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
19% ???
I just heard on election coverage that only 19% have turned out! That's an awful stat...

Any thoughts? From a very active district, does that mean we may control? or be the losers?

Jane

edited to correct a typo!
I'm not sure where you got that from...

KENOI, Billy 6,819 48.2%
INOUYE, Lorraine Rodero 3,163 22.4%
PILAGO, K. Angel 2,580 18.2%
HIGA, Stacy K. 909 6.4%
RILEY, Randy 197 1.4%
MOORE, M. Jasper 98 0.7%
MASILAMONEY, Sam 72 0.5%
BARROZO, Joseph Jr. 33 0.2%

As of now

-------
Just a piece of my thinking
19% turnout! That's the dismal note...

If that's only "what's been counted" then there is room for hope.

Jane

Sorry correcting for typo
says 39% on the Island of Hawaii.
Right you are... looked at the numbers this morning and its just over 41% turnout. That's probably in line with expectations. Just wish it were higher

Jane
If you didnt vote in this primary other just because you didnt care to - can any of us help? Do you need a ride, etc?

I was appalled at the low turnout. When I voted at 1 PM, it took me seriously no more than 3-4 minutes total. I thought well maybe I was just late and every one else voted in the morning or absentee.

But I guess not...
Hi Cat,

Amen. We went in on Wednesday to the walk-in place at Pahoa, and it was very swift and sure. No excuses other than apathy, and now we see what that has created for us in the general election. Vote, let voices be heard through this, our most critical right.
Janeadams wrote "No excuses other than apathy" but I don't agree. I am far from apathetic but I only vote sometimes.

Voting is often presented as your civic duty and a wonderful benefit of democracy. Often it is a scam to keep us in line.

If the only choice is between being stabbed in the back or shot in the head...I don't vote.

If the only choice is between which multi-millionaire is supposed to represent me...I don't vote.

Why vote for something you don't want just to be able to say you voted?

If there was a "None of the above" option I would always vote, but as it is I only vote when there is something real to be decided.

Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Jerry
Art and Orchids B&B
http://www.artandorchids.com
Jerry, there is a sort of "none of the above" option. We always have the option of submitting a blank ballot or partially blank ballot. There were a lot of those in Saturdays election. In fact, in countries with chronically rigged elections and in former Communist nations, submitting a blank or spoiled ballot was a means of protest to keep the ruling party from getting the "usual 99%."

Cheers,
Jerry