Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a message here?
"Bob Jacobson, a reliable progressive voice on the Council, lost the Kau-Puna Mauka seat to Guy Enriques. I know several families from Kau, and they are desperate for jobs down there. Mr. Jacobson opposed the resort/land development at Punaluu which would have created some jobs, but more or less epitomizes the faults of the current State economy. Mr. Enriques supported this development."

it's sad to see jacobson lose his seat to some one who seems to have been bought and paid for by off island money, i guess we'll see

Well, the primary was certainly interesting. Now what?

I confess that I don't know that much about Mr. Pilago, and what I have seen of him isn't very impressive. I don't think he takes money from anybody he shouldn't take money from, and I assume his heart is in the right place. My problem with him is he appears to be a continuation of the same type folks who were (for example) anti-geothermal 15 or 20 years ago. They were against geothermal because of the environment when in fact geothermal is undoubtedly the least environmentally harmful way to make electricity we have available to us. In other words, Mr. Pilago strikes me as having good intentions but very little actual knowledge. Couple that with a certainty of correctness and you have in some ways, on a local level, a liberal incarnation of George W. Bush.

Anyway, then you have Mr. Kenoi. What can I say about him other than he's profoundly disingenuous? He's tighter than a tick with all the good 'ol boys; everybody from the old time Democratic machine to the underworld, and everybody in between.

So, from my perspective we have a hell of a choice with these two. But, I guess I'll vote for Mr. Pilago as the lesser of two evils. Not that it will matter all that much because I'm pretty sure Billy boy will bury Mr. Pilago in the general. The way I figure it there will be 5,000 or 6,000 more people voting in the general than voted in the primary and most of them will go for Kenoi. So, even if Mr. Pilago picked up all the votes (which of course he won't) of the Lorraine/Stacy/Randy/etc. folks he will still come up short.

What will a Kenoi administration look like? Look up "patronage" and you'll know.
Lots can happen. It's way early to be calling the election over.

Angel Pilago got 31.9% of the vote in Pahoa Village and that is basically Kenoi's home turf. Billy got 38.3%. Basically a six point gap. I know I'm being optimistic but pessimists don't get much done.

I do know that there's a lot of work to do for Angel. Fact is people are lining up to do it. So this is a race.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

Lots can happen. It's way early to be calling the election over.

Angel Pilago got 31.9% of the vote in Pahoa Village and that is basically Kenoi's home turf. Billy got 38.3%. Basically a six point gap. I know I'm being optimistic but pessimists don't get much done.

I do know that there's a lot of work to do for Angel. Fact is people are lining up to do it. So this is a race.

Ok, maybe you're right.

BTW, as for Mr. Pilago getting a majority on Billy's home turf it isn't surprising. The folks who really know Billy generally aren't voting for him, unless of course he's promised them something.
Architects are architects and fall into the developer category??[V]

What about the "green" architects? People working with green building?

Just because someone is not a farmer doesnt mean they are a developer. What about someone like Neil Erickson who is an architect and farms too?

( I am not arguing Angel's case.... for or against - just that this isnt an black OR white issue.)

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
808 965-9261
"We help make building your dream home a reality"