Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pahoa Skate Park moves forward
Ginny Aste has been heading up the effort to build a skate park in Pahoa. We have been struggling to raise funds and are pleased to announce that Ginny has succeeded in acquiring a grant in the amount of $15,000.

The funding for phase one ($110,000) is now at 100% and work will begin very soon.

I want to publicly thank Ginny for her devoted and ongoing efforts over the past couple years to bring this important project to reality.

The skate park will be located just above the Neighborhood Center in Pahoa Village. A phase two is planned also. Any of you Puna millionaires (or non-millionaires) out there who want to help this worthy project along are invited to donate time or money to keep this moving forward.

Edited by - Rob Tucker on 05/17/2006 17:11:18
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
My son and I would be willing to donate our labor to the cause. We cant spare any funds right now, but it sounds like a great project and would like to be involved somehow.
Aloha,
Mark

If I can get more info on it, I can put it on my website.

michael
http://www.punaguide.com

It's been awhile since I've mentioned the skate park. I was just on on the site, in the rain,and I have to say that, as it nears completion, it is really spectacular.

Ryan Welter is the designer and foreman and he is doing a fine job. I can't complain about how long it takes. The work moves forward with tons of skilled volunteer effort.

This is going to be one, damn fine skate park.

If you come into Pahoa for the parade you should walk up above the Pahoa Neighborhood Center and take a look.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Slightly off topic here.

I used to skate back in the mid 1980's just for fun and recreation.

The first time I saw the Highway DOWN to Kalapana I started asking questions about has anyone ever skated the hill. Well it turns out that plenty people have. I'm too old to do it now, but I sure would have loved to have done it back in the days.

A skate park is a great idea considering there are so many properties that are built around roads that are simply not compatible for skating.

As Puna grows, we need to provide more things for kids to do.

-----------------
Coming home soon!