Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Absent-minded Absentee voter....
Aloha,
I have an absentee ballot that I neglected to mail in time. Ironically, the whole reason I registered for Absentee voting is so I could mail it in ahead of time and not have to worry about running around or waiting in line on election day. Joke's on me eh? Anyways, on the envelope it just says it must be recieved before 6 pm on election day. Does that mean I could hand-deliver it to the County Clerk's office? If not, and I am S.O.L. on that ballot, do I still have the option of voting in person on a normal ballot? I looked it up on the Dept. of Elections website, and my assigned polling place is Cooper Center in Volcano. Does this also mean I can only vote at that particular location? If it is open until 6 then that won't be a problem. Of course, I would prefer to just be able to drop off my ballot that is already filled out and sealed. Sorry for so many questions but I just want my votes to be counted.
Any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Mahalo.
Do you have a phone?

Office of Elections: (808)453-8683
County of Hawaii: (808)961-8277
You need either call into Elections Office (961-8277) or get to your Volcano polling place before it closes at 6 pm.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Oh yeah I forgot to mention that... I called the 2nd number you have listed several times today and can't get anybody, which isn't unexpected on election day. I will try the other one right now though. Thank you.

P.S.: I fully realize this predicament is my own doing.
Thanks Rob. So it is safe to assume that the 7 AM to 6 PM hours apply to all locations, even little old Volcano town? And if I arrive at say, 5:50 (I get off work 5:00 in Hilo) and there is a line- will I still be ok? Sorry, I'm not used to voting in person coming from Oregon where the only way you can vote is by mail. Thanks again Bob & Rob and any who reply while I'm typing this.
Ok-
I finally was able to reach somebody at the Dept. of Elections. I can in fact drop off my absentee ballot at my polling site. Crisis averted. Thanks.

Lesson learned.