Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Crossroads!
It's Veterans Day.

Hawaii has been a way station for our troops involved in many Pacific conflicts.

Many on this forum and living in Puna today first experienced Hawaii in uniform and heard it's irresistible call.

Let's honor the brave men and women who have and still are sacrificing so much for our freedoms - from the Yesterday's - the Today's and sadly the Tomorrow's .

MAHALO! To you ALL!
Yes, thank you Vets.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I will never forget my first day in Hawaii. The smell of plumeria at the airport then the drive over the Pali to Kaneohe.

Then years later the closeness to Hawaiians that took me in and taught me squid-eye and so many other things.

And the most important thing of all, My super wonderful and beautiful wife Jackie. I have been all over the world but I always feel most at home in Hawaii.
Indeed, among the bouquet of people here are kanaka maoli, plantation worker missionary descendents, and surfers, as well as veterans, like myself, who found peace after war in these sweet islands.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Our father came through Hawaii during WW II on his way to Peleliu. This was one of the bloodiest battles in the South Pacific. Our father wasn’t a Marine and lost thousands of good men on the beach. He always told us that this is where he wanted to retire. Unfortunately he passed away before returning. After hearing all the stories we decided to move here. At least we made part of his dream come through. Dad RIP we are here.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....