Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping in Kona
So.... we made our annual "before Thanksgiving" trip to Costco, because I refuse to hang out there during December and the Mad Shoppers Disease times... we spent plenty of money and, alas, succumbed to what has become our Annual Indulgence: Shopping at Kaloko Furniture (near Costco).

For those of you who have been up to the house, we have a lovely, large dining room table made from the roots of Teak trees. It is surely one of a kind.. quite a conversation piece and something we expect will be here long after we have gone.... The second year we bought a wonderful Teak four-poster bed with a palm tree carved into the headboard... again an indulgence but we just LOVE this bed.

Well, today we went there JUST to have a broken chair repaired (and Doc is so sweet; even though it is two years old he is taking care of it at no charge)... but of course while Bob talked to Doc I had to wander through the downstairs and then upstairs showrooms... and guess what I found? A totally awesome Bar, made of reclaimed old old OLD teak. This piece is again one of a kind. Darker than we might have chosen by design, we just couldn't pass by such a unique and earthy piece. It will be delivered next month sometime (we are in no hurry and so many people need their orders for the holidays we told him "whenever")... but it has inspired us to plan a Punaweb Party after the first of the year so everyone can oogle it!

As some of you may know, Bob's hip has taken on a life of it's own.. and is on strike. He will be having a hip replacement done before too long.... just as soon as the Ortho Doc gets him on the surgical schedule. When we know recovery time, we will schedule the bash, but pencil us in!!

Anyway, just wanted to share.
Pam
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Gotta love those unique pieces. We made our trip this week also, but purchases were much more mundane and at Island Collections.
Best of luck to Bob and his hip.
See ya at the PW party next year and have GREAT holidays

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
good for you pam....guess what you don't have to travel far to find interesting pieces...just bought a cool antique rocker with rattan and in amazing condition from auntie emily naole at makuu, just needs a nice touch up...got it for such a great deal, i've gotten bit by the garage sale bug lately....watch out tutu - i've got dibs on that unopened box in the garage!

noel
All of your pieces sound fantastic! Very cool. We will have to go over to Kaloko and take a peek when we get back on the island (January). We already bought most of our furniture for the new house, but who knows... there might be something irresistable over there!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com