Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Golden Princess arrived early
The cruise ship, the Golden Princess arrived to Hilo a little early this morning. It was about 6:15 when I saw a lot of lights floating in the distance. By 6:30 she had passed our house. She is slowly edging her way to the dock now. She was due to be here at 7 am and scheduled to leave at 6 pm today. She is carrying 2400 passengers and has 1,100 crew, many of whom will be spending their dollars in our fine city. Cha Ching!

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.travelingfork.blogspot.com
A fun time to ship watch is in late spring & fall when the boats that summer in Canada are on their migration.... & when QM2 is in port...

One of the best shows at the port is when the Nippon Maru comes to Hilo (used to be a BIG deal with people lining the port... no longer allowed Sad - but still a lot fun to watch)

This tall ship is at port on May 29 of this year.... also fun to offer the cadets rides to the beach & such... they really do appreciate it!
When we visited Tahiti, there was a full-rigged sailing vessel belonging to the Mexican navy at the Pape'ete dock, right by the roulettes. We got to go on board and tour it. It had gorgeous strings of lights all over it ... that was neat.

How different our port is from a place that doesn't have big security issues.