Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera Advice Needed
quote:
Originally posted by centipede

...If possible, I'd also like to use it to take "regular" pictures.

You folks are missing the point.

Buggah's looking for a camera!

Scanner will do what he asked... but he wants a camera and a scanner won't take a picture. [Wink]
The previous posters are right, a cheap camera will do. What you need is for the camera to have a "macro" setting, . . that means that it can focus very close, macro setting usually less than 10". My cheap Olympus D-100 goes down to 4", and my Fuji S700 goes down to 1.6". On both cameras, the "macro" setting is a button with a silhouette of a flower next to it. . that's how you'll know if the camera has it.
Yes scanner for about $100 for scanning small drawings w/ highest resolution possible. If you are buying a camera go w/ 6 megapixel minimum (equal to 35mm film) for book type work. If you are gonna posterize your images then go w/ about 12 megapixels. Basically the larger the pixels the larger you can blow up without loosing resolution. Macro lenses are expensive but are helpful if you are doing really small objects and close ups such as flowers. Have fun, do lots of reading/research before you buy a camera you don't want.
12 megapixels for the web. LOL.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
No not 12 mega pixel for the web. 12 megapixels if you wanna posterize your photography. You could use a camera phone if you just want a really crappy picture. I'm thinking Centipede should look a flatbwed scanner for artwork (easily purchased for about $100).