Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's cut down every tree on the island.
The article in the Herald Tribune today about clear cutting lots gave me a thought.

Let's all go out and cut down every tree on the island. After all, they just get in the way of all the houses that need to be built. If we can get this done, we will not need to worry about it anymore. Then we can focus on tearing out smaller plants and removing any soil that may be left. Its great that there is lava rock everywhere, so we don't have to pave over with asphalt, that is a real cost saver.

After we tear out the rain forest on the east-side, we can load the dead trees on trucks and move them to the west-side, where the wood will dry out. Then we can have a giant bonfire celebration. I know this might upset some people on the west-side, with all the smoke and all, but we will say it is the first annual California Brushfire reenactment, for all the homesick folks.

I know this sounds like a big project, but if we got everyone with a chain-saw on the island to pitch-in, maybe with the local high school's and other groups, we could really speed this process up. Why wait 20 or 30 years until the last tree is gone?
We can do it in just one year!

I have some property up in Montana, and I'm telling you, there is nothing liked seeing them clear cut the forests up there. Not one living thing left for miles in all directions. Of course, there is some good that comes out of it, because that is where our lumber comes from and cutting down trees does create jobs, and they do replant, sort of. We are not going to use our trees for anything, just the bonfire celebration.

If necessary, we could cut costs and forget the bonfire idea, and just use bulldozers to push the rainforst into the ocean, where it will just float away, out of sight, out of mind.

Hopefully, a major developer will reward our efforts, and build the largest golf course in the world where the rainforest was. I mean the biggest, 20 miles long. Think of all that perfect grass. No weeds. No frogs. People would not dump garbage or their old cars on that!

Maybe we could change the names of the sub-divisions, Hawaiian Paradise Moonscape, that sort of thing.

So let me know if anyone has any more ideas on how to get rid of all the trees.

Hi Radio:

Have you been into the sake tonight?

Edited by - Andrew on 07/09/2006 18:14:52

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Talk to Madam Pele, she can make all your dreams come true as she has countless times before, on every island in the Hawaiian chain.

Take care,
dave
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Naw, he's just out for an evening troll WinkWink

aloha,
Gene

quote:
Hi Radio:

Have you been into the sake tonight?

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Hey Radioguy...
Count me in I will go and buy a chainsaw tomorrow!
This could be like a Big Island Burning Man type event. We could only use the trees on this island once whcih would be a bummer.
Maybe we could talk other places in to letting us cut down all of their forest and have it shipped over to us. Oh wait that is already happening. Wonder if we are worried about where it is coming from?
This could be a yearly Big Island event to bring in revenue since we will no longer have a tourism industry per say. I guess the volcano will be a draw whether we have trees or not. So what are we all worried about?
Man that's not funny!

Worthless Movie Quote:
"I'll be takin' these Huggies, and, uh, whatever cash you got." - Raising Arizona