Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some laughs
When I had mine, I opted to be awake and was talking to the nurse and doctor the whole time. They knew I was a nurse, so we cut with the polite stuff and got down to business. They were talking about a previous patient covered in tatoo's as I was on the table and the doc asked if I had any tatoo's.

My response: No, but if I did get one, it would be right next to where your hand is there and it would say EXIT ONLY!!!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Jerry, that is so funny. That is one of the funniest colonoscopy stories I have ever heard! You are one of those people who should not sign any legal documents, especially those concerning Senor Oso!

quote:
Originally posted by JerryCarr

I woke up after the procedure and spoke only in Spanish (my third language after English and German) for about an hour. They kept asking me who was there to drive me home, and I kept saying, "Senor Oso." (Spanish for "Mr. Bear.") I could understand what they were telling me, but could only respond in Spanish.

The nurse kept saying she was sure I spoke English when I came in there. So the receptionist, who spoke no Spanish either, went out to the waiting room and asked if there was a Sr. Oso there and would he please come in and translate for me. Bear, who knows his nickname in Spanish, figured it had to be him and stuck his hand up. He was quite embarassed, but I was too goofy to care. They let me go home when I started speaking English again.

Cheers,
Jerry

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
That is great Tom! Most of all, it is wonderful that you beat the mighty cancer monster!

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lackey

I too had colon cancer and had about a foot of colon removed two years ago. 100 percent successful and I am a new man, knock on wood and the hands of a great doctor [Dr. Josh Pierce] my hero. I remember waking up after the procedure [better after than during I always say] hooked up to all sorts of things. After a day had gone by Josh came to check and ask, “how are you feeling?” Great, when can I go home? Any time that you feel well enough to, was his response. I was hooked up to a “pee tube” and asked the doc if I could take this thing home with me. He said he never had anyone ask him that before and most asked when can it be removed, but OK sure, but why? I said that I drink a lot of beer, as you know and have to keep having the driver find restrooms but this thing would eliminate that problem. He shook his head, laughed and left the room. The next day he gave me some beer.

The Lack

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
Pam and Jerry - the best jokes of the day!

From now on I'd call it "Operation Señor Oso".

Complimentary tatoo "EXIT ONLY!!!"[Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]