Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trib Web page
This is related to the "Yoga Fatwa" thread but since it's been locked, and because my response is Puna/Big Island related, I'll add my two cents worth.

Good luck finding anything from Associated Press or any other news service that ran in the Tribune-Herald on its web site, because the paper doesn't post 'em. Not even all of the locally bylined stories are posted.

Of course, local editorials are apparently again also a thing of the past, posted or not. Now we get the Party Line handed down from on high (the corporate HQ in Las Vegas).
Dave, your two cents is worth a lot more than that.
Sort of on topic...

Did you see the print version of the picture on the front page of the printed copy? I know it doesn't have to do with the writers or the paper itself and it's just a simple ink problem probably.

But it sure must bum those folks out that get their picture on the front page and then it's all mangled.

Good thing they have a web site where you can see a much clearer picture that doesn't make the folks looking like they are from another planet.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal01.img

Damon Tucker's Weblog
Many years ago the Tribune Herald printed a large front page picture from the annual woodworkers show. I thought it was some sort of avant guard modern art until I turned the paper around and realized it was a Koa Table (Upside down!) Yuk Yuk.

As far as content, I've suggested they change their motto to: "Hawaii Tribune Herald, Yesterday's News......Tomorrow!"
We only subscribe to the HTH to get the grocery ads and coupons. A lot of the wire service stories about the Big Island appear in the Honolulu papers a day or even two days before they make the HTH. There is NO local editorial content and investigative journalism is non-existent. They don't even follow through on stories where they leave you hanging in reference to anticipated later events. Pretty sorry.

Cheers,
Jerry