Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Care of your Pets!
Saturday about 6.45pm, what I thought was a cat running, turned out to be a small chihuahua mix dog (black, brown some white) pointed ears, longish hair. It was running on the right hand side of the road in the grass, not to far from the Keaau transfer station. We turned around went back, I wanted to try and catch the dog, but it was so terrified went into the bushes.
This now makes the fifth dog in the last two weeks, I have seen running along the roads in Keaau area and Hilo. Have you ever stopped and moved a dead animal to the side of the road, I have and it is very upsetting, these animals deserve better!

Unlike the posts by ijudiw about their missing three dogs, it seems that many people give very little effort to try and retrieve their missing pets.
Realizing pets do escape from fenced yards, or slip their chains, too many are allowed to run free. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOUR ANIMALS!!!!!
If you do not want them, it is kinder to take them to the Humane Society, this is not a safe environment for pets to be roaming around!
Thank you for this thread! We too have stopped a couple of times in the same area. Tony was not happy about it but I could not keep going when we saw the dog. No luck catching it and I feared that my efforts would send him onto the highway. So glad someone else feels for them.[Smile]

Carrie Rojo

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com

"...So began the massacre of the Shaolin Temple and all sixty of the monks inside at the fists of the White Lotus. And so began the legend of Pai Mei's five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique." - Bill
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie, do you have a rough idea, about what time you saw the dog
hoping it's pm about the time I spotted it?
The dog stands a chance if it makes it to the Keaau recycling center, as there is food because of the feeding of the managed cat colony!
Just in case it didn't if I can pinpoint a time, will try and stop daily and leave food and water, it's a long shot but worth a try!

Just talked to the owner of a little 9yr old female terrier mix, missing in the Keaau area since May 13th. 6/22 Found their dog, very thin, home safe[Smile]
This was a couple of months ago and around rush hour. Both times were at rush hour and they were two different dogs.

Carrie Rojo

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com

"...So began the massacre of the Shaolin Temple and all sixty of the monks inside at the fists of the White Lotus. And so began the legend of Pai Mei's five-point-palm-exploding-heart technique." - Bill
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR