Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feedback on Kaiser
I think I now understand how the one day trips to Oahu work, but we have had to deal with longer hospitalizations, 19 days, 7 days and 5 days so far this time. Does the Kaiser clinic here handle that sort of thing, or do they just ship the patient off to Oahu and then the family members have to get there on their own? And how do they get a really sick person over there? Surely not on commercial flights, with the risk of spreading diseases to others. Any input on this part of the Kaiser system would be very helpful.

I am really frustrated with the drop in the quality of care my husband is getting with the switch from HMSA to HMA, He had to wait for hours before getting the IV antibiotic he needed, because the new plan administrators were deciding if they would OK it! My Dr. on the mainland used to bitch about "community college graduates" practicing medicine without a license by controlling what prescriptions and procedures patients could get, now we are experiencing just that and it has probably set back my husband's recovery by days so far. In the long run rationing his care is probably costing them more than just letting the Dr. order the drugs he needs.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb