Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP rental - mosquito concern
I am looking at a rental in HPP for next May & June. It is oceanfront in HPP and has no screen door (nice sliding door though). My question is: are there lots of mosquitoes by the coastline? If we open the sliding door (for the open air feel), will we be bombarded by mosquitoes at night?

YES, and YES!

Royall

What goes around comes around!

You could buy a screen for the sliding door at one of the hardware stores, we had to replace one here and it was under $20.00. You might also check at the recycle center for an old one that just needs new screening. Just some ideas.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I have a friend who lives makai side of HPP, and it sounds like there may be more centipedes that way too. Another reason to
get a screen door. Just read in a health
magazine that lemon thyme works 60 percent as well for prevention (skeeters not pedes)
at Deet. Didn't say how much of it to mix in the oil base though.

Cindy

We rented a house in HPP this summer on Beach Rd and there were tons of mosquitoes. Anyone know of a natural non-toxic substance to put on your lawn or something?
Strange, I stayed in HPP about 3 yrs ago and while there were a few skeeters, they didn't seem that bad. Of course that could be a perspective issue as I live in S. FL. in a swampy area.

S. FL Islander to be
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
aloha,
was in HPP last october, off of beach road, and there were plenty of mosquitos. better get a screen if you want to enjoy the ocean breeze!

malama pono,

holahan

Smile