Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Want to move to Puna but have questions
Maukabound,

John's right. Leilani Estates is one of the nicest subdivisions on the island. It may be what you are looking for.

We've got a large population of kamaina haoles, plus mainland haoles as well from all over the globe living here in Leilani. We've got them from Holland, Sweden, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Nigeria, Japan, Pakistan, Mongolia, Saudi Arabia, ect. So we got haoles, is that so wrong?

It's a good mix of folks from everywhere really. Great neighborhood watch which is a big plus.

Many houses here can't be seen from the street, so if someone wanted to say, put up a Confederate flag or something next to their house, nobody would see it. I know one guy, (a friend of mine), who would but he lives on Oahu. He does civil war reenactments in the schools using water pistols and probably wouldn't like it here.

One thing you'll find is that the Big Island in general and East Hawaii in particular look and feel a lot more like Hawaii than what Oahu has turned into, imho. That's why I'm here and I'm sure many others feel the same. I moved to Hawaii almost thirty years ago because it's Hawaii.

Anyway, check out Leilani.

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
I have to admit, when I offered a link to census data it didn't occur to me that the person making the query might have a racist agenda, instead assuming (perhaps naively) that he/she was picking ethnicities at random. I hadn't noticed maukabound's second comment about Micronesians.

That said, I agree with Paul's comment about basing an opinion on anonymous comments on a newspaper article particularly such as those, many of which were extremely harsh and many racist.

Other than the Royal Gardens recommendation, I think maukabound needs more help than any of us here can give.
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Smith
Other than the Royal Gardens recommendation, I think maukabound needs more help than any of us here can give.

You never know.Some of us might be just qualified for that...[Smile]