Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disc golf
Hi everyone...we just moved here and my son loves to disc golf. He looked up a site and they said Makenzie park and one other in Hilo had really good courses. We went to check them out and couldn't find them. Does anyone know where they are and if so my son (Jeff) is looking for someone to disc with. thank you,Monique
MacKenzie Park location isn't cleared at this time. Try Wailoa Park Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at about 4:30 pm. Good luck with the people involved.

dean
When you drive to Kona, by way of South Point, There is a really great course between Naalehu and Milolii, On the highway, Mauka.
That may be at Manuka State Park

dean
Yep, Manuka State Wayside Park. A really nice park which has alot of Botanical specimens planted long ago.
Wailoa has had some tournament type groups... last spring They had a course that had a goal on the little island separated by 2 caterpillar bridges... we were kayaking & probably could have made money errant disks we fished out.
Thank you for your replies!
website hcdc.us
Did you read the book about the couple whose dream it was to open a disc golf resort? It was somewhere in Minnesota or Wisconsin I think. I read it when I was researching opening a B&B a few years ago. Very good book with lots of info on the game and fans.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
www.eastbaypotters.blogspot.com
Ah yes, my former passion. Huntington Beach Central Park, La Mirada Regional Park, Balboa Park. Nothing like those courses or even remotely close in the state of Hawaii. Go have fun shooting at the trees in Wailoa Park