Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember, Remember the Fifth of November
I know its a little early but are there any Guy Fawkes Parties/Bonfires in East Hawaii?

Jared

Huh?

Wrong country dude.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I'd show up.
Great writing, don't normally go in for the whole graphic novel thing, but I enjoyed "V".

I wonder if anyone else will get this...?

At first I thought this was in referance to an old song, musical I think! LOL

I hear party harty in the air! Any excuse for a party!

Actually there are many Brits on island, who have posted from time to time. Some in HPP I know of and Leilani also. I think it would be fun, whether appropriate or not who cares, I'd attend if I was there.

http://homepages.tesco.net/~derek.berger...awkes.html

I love the web and learned of guyfawkes today!

http://homepages.tesco.net/~derek.berger...awkes.html

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
GF day has been celebrated in the US since before the war for independence. It could even be said that GF day was a model for the war of independence. It’s still celebrated although more in the colonial states. Ever wonder why election day was in the first week of November or why early thanksgiving celebrations were celebrated on or near GF day?

Wrong country??? What business does Hawaii have celebrating Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years? Are these traditional Hawaiian holidays? How many non-Irish celebrate St. Patrick's Day, sure they might not go to the church but everybody enjoys throwing back the beer.

I am not sure you could celebrate any holiday at this time without offending others. Christmas is a Christian holiday and too commercial, Halloween is considered pagan, Chanukah is too Jewish, Kwanza too african, King Kamehameha Day too hawaiian, on and on and on...

GF is more a celebration of fall that involves adults, children and a big fire.

Jared I

Sorry Jared. My bad. You didn't mention in your first post that there was going to be beer. Sign me up.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I think this is the wrong time of year to be talking about celebrating a terrorist of any ilk

Soooooooo tempting to respond.........