Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is that it? (hurricane season)
http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/e_pa...index.html

Kinda cool looking back over the season. Im getting rusty... when is the official end of storm season? oct or nov 1 ?

quote:
Is that it?
Don't taunt the weather god.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I believe it runs through November
"Don't taunt the weather god" and Ill add the (s) for plural - there's a bunch of em, all deserve respect.

Just a pragmatic question, I'd never toss hair or nails in the water either.... ... the one that seems forgotten is three on a match .... try a thirty something, see if they "get it"

aloha
Really....the best thing to do is just silently wish the hurricane season farewell on November 1st. Earthquake and tsunami season are upon us, and it kind looks like Pele is trying to create a lava pool at the summit. It goes up, it goes down. It goes up, it goes down. Lava breaks out on the pali, then the lava pool deep in the caldera pistons a little.

Let's not count our chickens before they are incinerated, engulfed by a very large wave or carried on the wind to Kauai (where they will find plenty of company).
"... Earthquake and tsunami season are upon us, ..."

Didn't know earthquakes have a "season", there go all my theories about them!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
If you had two more fingers, you could count the swarm of earthquakes we have had in the Pacific rim lately.
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle: the one that seems forgotten is three on a match
And I don't believe that one was based on superstition but on sound logic and experience. I believe it came from WWI and was due to snipers.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
through Nov 30th.......
"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me."
-Dudley Field Malone
Bullwinkle; You're dating yourself with 3 on a match, I'd guess you need more like a 40 something to even get a bite.[Big Grin]

dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"
dick wilson
"Nothing is idiot proof,because idiots are so ingenious!"