Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burglaries in Puna
I attended the HPP Neighborhood Watch meeting yesterday (first Saturday of every month, 9am, at the HPP Office, thanks to Jerry Carr) and learned that there were a bumper 40 burglaries in Puna in December, of which 20 in HPP. This is more than double the number in November.

Why December? Maybe last minute gift ideas. Then again, nothing was reported missing (yet) in 9 of the 20 HPP burglaries. So maybe they were just window shopping.

The attending police officer also noted that jewellery is becoming a very desirable object to steal because you can now just post it off to the mainland for cash, no questions asked. So if you have any jewellery, insure it and hide it well. I think I'll invest in some fake jewellery and hide it in an obvious place.
This is a disgusting reversal of what had been a promising positive trend. The return of HPP as a target for thieves all out of proportion to its population is especially disturbing. For a closer look at the stats and a map of the past six months criminal activity in HPP go to:

http://hppwatch.ucoz.com/

The only good news was that none of the incidents were in any of our organized Block Watch areas, although there were several in our sister watch group area (PAKA) down at Kaloli Point. Hint to HPP residents . . . if you are not in a Block Watch, you need to be. Contact me at hppwatch@aol.com .

Wishing I had better news,
Jerry

aloha all,

thanks for the great HPP link!

aloha,

Smile
Thieves, please don't bother with my house. I now keep what jewelry I own in my safe deposit box at the bank. Seriously. I don't have a lot of jewelry, but my great-great grandmother's engagement ring has been in the family since the Civil War, so I won't keep it lying around the house for you to pilfer. Move along, nothing to see at my house.