Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haiti
quote:
Originally posted by mella l

Visit any disaster scene, Red Cross coffee 50 cents, Salvation Army coffee FREE.

So yes Jay I get it, thanks for the input, lets hope we can all be of some help! If everyone helped a bit, it would help ALOT!

mella l

Well said Mella,

I'm always leery of any of these "ORG" anymore. But I know for a fact that after the Iniki and Katrina, from people that were at Katrina and myself personally on Kaua'i, that the Red Cross was not the savior that we all think they were and/or that the portrait.

Not to defend Pat Robertson but my, very secular/non Christian, friend commented on how many Religious Organizations were there, after Katrina. I've been studying on The United Methodist Disaster Relieve system and I feel like they're in the 80/20 range in that about 80% of the money actually goes to relief.

I feel strong enough about it that I'm signing up for one of their disaster relief classes.. Hard to live on the Gulf and just watch every other year as some town on the coast gets pummeled..

With that said.. let us not forget Jim and Tammy Faye Baker.[}Smile]. Ya'll are right, do your home work before you give.

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young