Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land use and zoning reform in Puna
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

James,

In my opinion, the number one priority is traffic circulation. That is where it has to start, and I hope that you have a broader vision than roundabouts for a solution.

Roundabouts are just one proven effective tool for improved traffic safety and for relief of traffic congestion.

Other transportation needs include:
An alternative route between Puna and Hilo;
Functional mass transit that serves workers and students traveling within and outside of Puna;
Local economy that reduces the need for travel to Hilo.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Roundabouts are effective in SOME cases. We really need additional main arteries. Acquiring the easments for them should be a very high priority.

Seems like an outside design team with NO VESTED INTEREST would be the best to study options.

Armchair Dan
On the subject of transportation, a road from somewhere near Pahoa to somewhere near Volcano would be a major improvement, effectively making a triangle within a large portion of Puna.
Also a road connecting Railroad to Hawaiian Beaches or Kapoho. Gimmee that crayon!
The NIMBY'S will not allow that !!

In most places other then Hawaii, you could build a road in a reasonable amount of time.

We need several roads north and south through Puna.It will never happen.

it looks like the CDP process has been gutted
http://www.margaretwille.com/home/?q=node/473
so what next? does anyone have the lawers, money, or votes to do anything but endlessly talk in circles
boy just sumping into a random thread and reading you people, is like watch survivor. First you pick off the tadpoles then you begin on each other...hmm

I'm wondering how effective all this "discussion?" has been as some of you have been talkin about the same stuff for a decade and not much has improved.

You can have at me now.....

Any fool can make a rule, and Every fool will follow it. -- Henry David Thoreau

Please don't feed the trolls.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Hmmmmmmm!
Something is starting to sound familiar.
Petah?