Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your first BB gun
quote:
Originally posted by DanielP

James and Lack; True politician's rationalization.

Thank you.
Smile

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
We used to use a Daisy Red Rider to plink the chickens when they got into the garden. They'd jump and squawk in surprise and get out of the garden, but they were never hurt by it. We also did in a lot of those vicious aluminum cans. Yessireebob! No vicious aluminum cans in our yard went unplinked.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Bad joke! My first gun was a BB when I was 8, with Dad explaining you can hurt somebody or your self with this and what seemed like endless warnings, at 12 got a 22, 16 a 12 gauge, but I lived on farm and we hunted. Dad was a retired LEO just like me and didn't believe that a handgun was good for anything but shooting people, which he and I have done. With the proper teaching guns can be safe but without you got thugs.
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool
If you want to believe that handuns are only for shooting people that is your right.But tell that to the folks that hunt with handguns.And to legions of bullseye competetion shooters out there.As I've stated, I've probably shot around 20,000 rounds developing accurate loads to compete with, and shooting in events.And I do not hunt and have never shot anyone.

I personally get no joy out of killing animals/hunting, but I don't try to tell those that do enjoy it that they shouldn't hunt.

That's what's great about a country with such divercity of people.There's room for all of us to persue our hobbys and lifestyles as long as we don't tread on the rights of others.

jon

Jon in Puyallup, Wa.
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Bird didn't say I believe that, I like to shoot and go every week to the range, son hunts with a handgun and has some luck. I am like you and have no desire to shot something alive, will stick to targets. Does Hawaii DLNR offer gun safety course's?
I like it here in the shallow end of the gene pool