Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Community Medical Center
It has been a while since I have posted anything in PunaTalk, but I thought this was something to share that the entire community can take some credit for. In 2007,PCMC was born out of our community's expressed need for a walk-in, Urgent Care facility; we created a non-profit corp, a community Board of Directors,solicited a bunch of grants, and we opened Feb 1st 2009. We would not be here today if it were not for this community's continued support, and that includes support by the Mayor's office and the County Council.
The event I'd like to report is that this past Saturday morning, we took care of OUR 5000th INDIVIDUAL CLIENT!! We have had more than 8700 visits; mostly local folks, and then visitors from 35 states and 15 countries!

Thank you all for being there. Remember, we are open 7 days a week, including all holidays. Have a happy, healthy 2011
Congratulations!

We have friends who were involved in the clinic. When we visited last year, we got to see the results of all that hard work. What a great community effort!
We went there last week and were very impressed. This is a great place with a great staff. Very happy with Puna Medical Center.

hawaiideborah
hawaiideborah
Thanks PCMC for what you do. We are all better for it.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Thanks PCMC! From my first stop there in Oct 09, through different friends and family visits, you all do a great job!
Thank you all for the kind words. It is, in fact, a privilege to be here providing services in the way that we do. Every staff person is committed to the idea that rendering care in a clinic can be done with compassion and friendliness. We are trying to set up a van type service, to bring care to the homes of those who cannot travel easily. And, or course, we are still pushing for a 24/7, Level III emergency room. If dreams were to come true, that ER would be neighbor to the Police and Fire Departments. Again, thanks for the positive comments. We'll be here if you need us, or just stop in for a tour (it takes about 3 minutes). Sundays are usually quietest.
Being a Kaiser person, I have not had occasion to use the PCMC, but friends and neighbors report receiving good care with much aloha. This is an invaluable resource for our community, and I wish you folks continued growth and success in serving Puna.