Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDOT and school safety
Considering that a week ago HDOT and the County Planning Department were demanding that HAAS, a Pahoa non profit Charter School, pay for a traffic light and other Hwy. 130 improvements.... read this article from KITV and see what you think...

"Under the federally funded program, Safe Routes to School, the state Department of Transportation received more than $6 million over the last six years to distribute to schools and community groups.

The money is suppose to build safety infrastructures around public schools, including traffic lights, crosswalks and bike paths. The funding also pays for bike and pedestrians courses for students.

The director of Safe Routes to Schools said to date the department has awarded grants totaling just around a half a million dollars, leaving more than $5 and a half million unspent."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43024159
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Why am I not surprised? The bureaucracy in this state is simply amazing . . . and not in any good sort of way.
The state Dept. of Transportation is the worst, most corrupt state agency in Hawaii. Check how many of Lingle's transportation officials ended up in prison! (Airports division...but I find the same culture pervasive throughout the DOT).

Frankie Stapleton
Frankie Stapleton
I understand that other State Departments talk to HDOT only through their assigned lawyers.
No comment.