Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone been to paradise auction?
I was just wondering if anyone has been to paradise auction? I see them advertised in the paper and I went to the website and saw what they plan to auction. I was just wondering if it winds up being expensive or can you get a deal.

Went last year. Had a great time and felt we got a decent deal on what we bought. Would like to go again when time is freer and the advertised auction is of interest. It could be easy to spend too much LOL

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
yep, like any auction if youre the only one who wants it, cheap, but if you get bidding against someone watch out.. also they do charge a 5 percent buyers premium...

I've been going to that auction for many years. Be sure to go to view the items on Fri. and/or early Saturday. Go later in the month, not at the beginning for the best prices. It seems a lot of people that get checks monthly -- I won't speculate about what kind of checks -- use a lot of their money at that time to buy things to resell at the flea markets. Later in the month, many of those people aren't present and you can pay lower prices. Load the things yourself to save on tips.

You can also ask them what they have on hand at their warehouse for furniture and can get some really good deals on hotel furniture that has been replaced with new.

I went to the auction for a friend who needed a cheap run-about car. Purchased an old Toyota Camry for $300 and it's still running great three years later.

Like any auction it depends on what you are looking for and timing.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator