Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat Belt Sting Operation?
Did they ever pass a law that forbids riding in the back of trucks?

I passed a pick-up this week that was on the Belt Highway, driving at least 50 mph, with two adults STANDING in the cab, facing forward, leaning in to the back of the cab. No idea what they were holding on to, but from at least mid-chest their profile was above the height of the cab.

One of the crazier things I've seen on Hwy 19 for awhile.
quote:
Did they ever pass a law that forbids riding in the back of trucks?

Yes and No

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent...1-0014.htm

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Thanks, oink!

Talk about ambivalence in a law ...
Nice $25 fine too ...

I imagine it's a holdover from the plantation days.

I do think it's silly for them to be all gun ho on seat belts and to pretty much ignore the risks of riding loose in a truck bed.
So if a kid is sitting in a lawn chair in the bed of a pickup, does the kid need to be buckled into the chair?
quote:
Originally posted by KeaauRich: So if a kid is sitting in a lawn chair in the bed of a pickup, does the kid need to be buckled into the chair?

No, but he has to be over 12 YOA to be there.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/hrscurrent...1-0014.htm

§291-14 (a)(3) "Every passenger in the bed or load-carrying area of the vehicle is seated on the floor and does not attempt to control unlashed cargo."

§291-14 © "No operator of any pickup truck may operate the vehicle with any passenger twelve years of age or under in the bed.... unless...:

(1) An emergency exists... or

(2) ...parades, etc...or otherwise permitted by law."

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
quote:
Originally posted by pog

Well DaVinci,

That last post says a lot about you. Thats for sure.

aloha,
pog

I like to think all my posts say a lot about me. My posts are a reflection of my thinking.
Aloha
Scott
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Did you always hate police or only when you got caught breaking the law? Sorry, it was your "friend" who got caught.

I dont hate police. I dont hate anybody. And I dont break the law. Sorry you misunderstood my post... In future I will try to be more clear. It was indeed my friend who got the ticket, but I refrain from sharing her mug shot and birth certificate with a complete stranger (you) because, a) this is the internet, and I respect her privacy, and b) you have not shared your mugshot or birth certificate with me....
You said "she buckles her belt every time she drives her vehicle" and I figured the only way you could know that for sure was if you were that person. Sorry, my mistake.
Always buckle first then start the car. Another trick never ever unbuckle if stopped by the police unless requested and keep your hands on the steering wheel in clear site, turn your dome lights on, and don't make any sudden jerky moves either. When addressing an officer always use polite yes sir, no sir responses and you'll get allot farther with most of them.