Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospective HPP Resident - My Land Deal
quote:
Originally posted by beejee
I hate the whole real estate process.
Don't hate the process, there is nothing wrong with the process. Hate the real estate agents, most of them are self-serving nomads, don't listen to them they will not be around to help if you have problems.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I signed my name 100+ times today - I guess that means I own my little piece of paradise.

As I understand, it takes about 4 days from today to officially record in Honolulu.

So what da ya all think? Block party? Smile

Cheers!!
PARTY!!! Don't take much to have a party in PUNA! Just say potluck BYOB and an address and the fun begins! Last Punaweb party was hosted by Pam and Bob Lamont. You met them yesterday at Scuba Sunday. Glad to here it is almost "official"!

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

There are a few places to get loans (two Hawaiian credit unions to be specific) on unimproved land. They require 60% down and the interest rate is about 8% and the loan is secured by the land. Alternatively you can get a unsecured loan from a credit union for about 11% with no down payment required. And since the loan isn't secured by the land they can't take it if you fall on horrible times (any asset including land is fair game for a debt collector, but they typicalliy don't have much luck with something like this, especially if you are married owning the land and the debt is in one person's name).
quote:
Originally posted by beejee

I signed my name 100+ times today - I guess that means I own my little piece of paradise.

As I understand, it takes about 4 days from today to officially record in Honolulu.

So what da ya all think? Block party? Smile

Cheers!!

Congrats... we are building a 580 sq ft house in HPP... Everything is going pretty smooth.. Will be dried in by Friday and plumber is starting tomorrow.. If you need any help getting started we might be able to help with advise or whatever.. Good luck neighbor
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” " Krishnamurti "
quote:
Originally posted by grumpyscosmos

Congrats... we are building a 580 sq ft house in HPP... Everything is going pretty smooth.. Will be dried in by Friday and plumber is starting tomorrow.. If you need any help getting started we might be able to help with advise or whatever.. Good luck neighbor

Thanks and congrats to you! You're way ahead of me! I may take you up on your offer at some point in the future neighbor. My plan is to build a home with 1000-1200 sq/ft interior, with ample porches. Post and pier? Not sure. Solid concrete foundation (thermal sink)? Not sure. The one thing I am sure about is it's going to take time to get there - right now it's time to pay off my land. That's where I'm at.

Cheers!