Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar with 0 down
hi Alex,
if you want to know what we did you need to talk to my husband about specifics as he the one who set the system up, he be glad to talk to you. pm me phone number and i ll call you and have him talk to you about what he did, ext.

I just wanted to give a report on our experience with the $0 down SunRun/RevoluSun system that we got installed last Spring. It's now been on about 7 months. Our last full HELCO bill was $135. Our lowest combined bill of SunRun and HELCO has been $80, and our highest was $125. The highest bill was for mid Nov-Dec, when we had about 2 days of sun. Even then, our HELCO was only 3.3 kWh/day, when it was usually 10 or so without solar. No problems ever with the system. From referring others we also got two months of free SunRun, saving us about $135, and also gaining the referrals each a month of free SunRun. I've learned that not everyone will qualify for the $0 up front, even in sunny Seaview. Our neighbors got a 20 panel system, so I think they paid $2000 or so. Ours was only 9 panels. If you already have solar hot water that makes a big difference. In less sunny areas like Leilani or Hilo, I don't know if anyone qualifies from $0 up front. We have been very pleased. It also looks like the initial estimate of the system saving us $200-250 in the first year is right on target, not including the additional savings from referrals.

If anyone is interested, please email me and I'll connect you with the RevoluSun rep for East Hawaii.