Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire (brush) off Kaloli Dr in Shipman's Land.
Yes, Tom, good point.

I was one who saw the title of this thread and for a few seconds - panicked a bit.

But I did quickly realize its age as well as complete and total irrelevancy to anything current - both here on the Big Island and especially Maui.

At least he was kind enough to not fill his response to this 12-year-old post with 8 pages of blank space and end it with some foul disgusting language retort in white face font so no one can readily see it unless you know exactly what to look for.
You know, due to something completely unrelated to this thread, I ended up in a discussion about narcissism a few weeks ago with an expert on the subject. It was due to an issue involving someone else at work. For some reason, this thread reminded me of that conversation.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond...f%20others.
As long as we're back on the topic, my property in Eden Roc was burned many years ago. I think it was about 20 acres total. It DOES get dry enough every now and then and when it does, the uluhe just about explodes.
Thanks for keeping us on topic, God knows what tangents HJ & TK wanted to go down.

The topic, for those unable or unwilling to get it, is that what happened in Maui can happen here. The potential might not seem to be the same in 'supposed to be soggy puna' but with a prolonged drought, anything is possible.

Since the PMAR isn't coming anytime soon, now is unfortunately a good time to create some local fire awareness.

Not everyone has lived here long enough to know what can happen in their own backyards and I'd hate for anyone to think that fire is only a dry side problem.
Ironwood trees burn really well. Too well. There are a lot of them along the coastline throughout Puna.
The one in Eden Roc was started by newbies burning rubbish in their backyard in the middle of one of our droughts.
Since Puna has a never ending supply of "newbies" and droughts becoming ever more commonplace...