Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a good General Practice doctor
My wife is looking for a good general practice doctor that's taking new patients and is not working at a "clinic". Anywhere on island is acceptable. She's got great insurance and money's not a problem but she is tired of going to the emergency room everytime she's not feeling good.
Stefan Harmeling at Aloha Nui practice is really good. He's currently on Kilauea Ave, but the practice is moving over to Lanihuli Street in the next week or so. His number is 808-961-1400.
We really like Dr. McCoy. She is taking new patients when we asked in February. 932-4215
DanielP...Is that Hawaii Island Family Health Center where Dr. McCoy works? The one between Kinoole and Kileaua... Isn't that an Urgent Care Center?
I like the doctors at the Urgent Care Center better than any regular one I've had in Hilo. I usually go there for "acute" issues.
I called Hawaii Island Family Health. No one answered or returned my call. I guess that means no new patients
They share the building and are not there every day. They are new and had been having trouble getting good front desk people. Keep trying.
I'll second that opinion of Dr.Stefan Harmeling.I feel fortunate to have him as my doctor.He is very good and is very pleasant.His background and credentials are great.Originally from Florida and a graduate of University of Florida Medical School.You will like him.