Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palace Theater Fundraiser Turnout
Although the presentation at the wine and food tasting was excellent and the comedy show was also extremely fun, the audience was a bit thin. I was disappointed by who wasn't there. Support for the arts in Hilo needs a bit of a kick in the butt. Caren and Jim made it but I didn't see any other Punawebbers. I know times are difficult and we all have to choose carefully but I hope everyone is making an effort to support our communities in ways we are able.

Enough said.

Mahalo

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I would opine that friends of Pam are saying here >>> " Oh Crap, Shes up. : )

aloha,
pog
I'm glad you're giving a shout out to these events, Pam. When we went to see Little Shop Of Horrors, I was AMAZED at the amount of people there with their kids and extended families! The house was a-rockin'!

We also enjoyed this with Carey & Jim...they are the most "about town" friends we have and show MAJOR support for many, many of the cultural and local events in Hilo.[:X]

Blessings,

Carrie
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Aloha All: Just wanted to jump on Pam's exhortation to help local arts thrive through our participation.
Almost every time we attend a performance at EHCC in downtown Hilo, they are woefully undersold, despite truly talented and dedicated people devoted to their craft. It always makes me sad to see 20-25 people at a 100+ venue cuz I think the performer will feel that people don't appreciate what they do...

-dwajs
-dwajs
I was there with party of 4.
I was also surprised at the skimpy crowd.
We had a great time and some good laughs. [Sad]
hawaiideborah
Well, everyone, I feel better on two counts.... firstly that at least a few of you care... and secondly that I have been "re-educated" to know that there have been multiple events for this cause. I still would have liked to see more people but knowing there are multiple events makes it a little better. As you probably know, I love you guys and i love this island. It has become such a wonderful home to us, with so many wonders to enjoy......

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"