Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rest in Peace Curtis
Thanks to the speed bumps on Papio street we have had a fatality on the Coastal Puna Pkwy RD. May Curtis rest in peace!!

http://i.imgur.com/QjHDP.jpg
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com
I have no dog in this fight but I do have MHO. I tend to sympathize with those who were living on a quiet side street. The consequences to the side street should have been obvious to those who instigated the installation of the speed bumps. Simple fairness would dictate that they also share in the cost of placing speed bumps on the other streets as their actions caused the traffic pattern change. This would of course result in the original through street regaining it's original traffic volume along with the new associated noise and pollution caused by the bumps.

That said, and I'm sorry if I sound a bit callus here, but really, who gives a sh!t if a mongoose got run over.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I agree with oink
may many more meet the same end
I thought that Shoresresident was indulging in some black humor (announce a fatality, get you ready to be sad and outraged for a lost resident, and then it's a mongoose) -- but then I haven't been following who is for or against, so I don't know what side he/she is on.

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs
Laughing out loud...sorta. I think they're cute, but I meet so many people who don't like 'em. Maybe if I grew up with them or they bothered me somehow I'd feel that way.[:I]
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
quote:
I thought that Shoresresident was indulging in some black humor
A very real possibility I considered when it was first posted. Actually the assumption I kind of made when it was originally posted in the other thread and at the time I didn't want to ruin the joke. But when I looked at it again after hanging with my friend Evan Williams, I couldn't resist.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.