Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Home Invasion
Did anyone hear anymore details on this? I read about this on the Big Island Chronical. Scary!

http://www.bigislandchronicle.com/2011/1...-invasion/
Don't know about this one, but do know that friends in HPP on 20th had guy in underneath area of house and in cars at 4:30 am. Neighbor saw this and called police. The police were in area because another HPP house had just been robbed. These friends lost the stuff in their cars. The police did not catch the guy. Bold to do it at 4:30 am when the people are there and dogs barking.
These idiots aren't very smart. Breaking into a home armed with a weapon=a life threatening situation by definition, and a very major offense. These guys will be removed from someones house they broke into one of these times in body bags, when they do it to the wrong guy.
I highly suggest they become law abiding citizens immediately.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Homes are burgled; people are robbed. Robbery is the taking of something by force or fear. Burglary is the entry of a dwelling with felonious intent. You can't rob a house, because you can't place a house in fear. This incident has some of the hallmarks of being situational: all young men being involved. I do wish everyone a safe and secure holiday. The best deterrence is an active neighborhood watch association. Jerry Carr of this site has done a spectacular job in that regard. I started one locally, here on Da Point, called "PAKA" which was spearheaded by my wonderful, involved neighbors. These efforts have made a difference, but participation in NW hasn't been as strong lately. I encourage everyone to get involved in this. It has taken me some time to settle in, but I intend to be more active in this regard. Perhaps I will see you at a meeting.
quote:
Originally posted by Kelena

Homes are burgled; people are robbed. Robbery is the taking of something by force or fear. Burglary is the entry of a dwelling with felonious intent. You can't rob a house, because you can't place a house in fear.

Thank you for setting me straight. I didn't know the diff between robbery and burglary.
My friends had this burglary happen I around Dec. 3 or so.
Desperate times and risky behavior. I always thought dogs barking in the house would deter the burglaries, but not in this case.