Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
black soldier fly larvae
I've never asked something like this before, but shouldn't this topic be in the Gardening forum? Could it be moved?

I was hoping it had sunk ... but it's back.
Ever since it appeared, I feel nauseated every time I see the title. Seriously, it triggers a reflex. I am not a fan of maggots, and it just seems gross to me. All very reasonable to discuss in the Gardening forum ...
Yeah, KathyH, I avoided it at first, too. I'm trying to be a big girl about it, but since I read the gardening, too, I don't think it will help. Maybe rename it Black soldier fly babies? Ha. Ha. Sounds good on one hand, for chicken food, but bugs do bother me.
Peace and long life
Good to know it's not just me. You're right, renaming it by the OP to take out the larvae word would help.

I think it does belong in Gardening though. I read that forum too, but I expect to find mentions of such things there. I like to read Punatalk with a cup of coffee or tea or lunch, and things that make me want to throw up don't mix well with that.
My squeamishness concerning bugs pretty much went away when I got more into composting as they're such an integral part of the process.(still don't like spiders!). Maybe this should be in the gardening section, but please remember that maggots are our friends![Big Grin]