Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Keli'iho'omalu's passing
Other than the briefest notification on Tiffany's blog about his death and Damon's posting of the funeral plans, there has been no public mention that I'm aware of regarding the passing of Uncle Robert's son, Puna, a week ago this past Wednesday. This is too sad. And I've heard two things: that he was singing and dancing when he collapsed and another commented that there was a fight.

I'm hesitant to attend the Wednesday night farmers' market activity as I know the Kaimu community is grieving and don't know if the usual activity is happening there. Does anyone know?
Frankie, we were there this past Wed. The vendors were there, it was a good size crowd and the music was lovely. There were several memorial posters and displays as tributes to Puna. It looks like the Wed. night event will continue.
If there was a fight, it had nothing to do with Puna's passing. There has been much notice and discussion of Puna's death and upcoming memorial on Facebook. There is a memorial service planned. Here are the details:

Aloha Mai Kakou,

here is the update for Cousin Puna Keliihoomalu’s Celebration of Life courtesy of Piilani Kaawaloa.

Program: Public viewing will commence at 6:30 p.m. at Kaimu on Friday, March 2 where Puna will remain until his interment on Sunday March 4th. On Saturday March 3rd, Anyone wishing to share a memory, poem , mana#699;o may do so from 12:00 p.m. (the family request that you keep your sharing pieces to a maximum of 7 minutes. We want to ensure everyone has an opportunity to share.). On Sunday March 4th formal services will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. followed by burial at 11:00 a.m. at the Keliihoomalu residence.

Parking: Parking is available for Kupuna at the Kaimu Drive-Inn parking lot. Parking is also available at the Kalapana Painted Church where a shuttle will be picking up and dropping off. We ask that everybody come with a sense of Ho’omanawanui.

Contributions and donations towards the mea ‘ai: All donations and contributions that are non-perishable can be dropped off at Kaimu by Feb. 26 so that we have an idea of what is needed. Other items can be delivered when you arrive (ex: sandwiches, salad, etc…). Please Contact Cousin Bobo and Mary Kamanu at 747-0937 if you have questions or contributions.

Monetary contributions or condolence cards can be mailed to Gwen Keliihoomalu at P.O. Box 1493 Hilo, Hawai#699;i 96721. Questions regarding monetary or condolence cards can be directed to Gwen at 333-0730 or e-mail her at gwen@kala-hawaii.us.
Thanx for all the info...

Last night, a friend who was there told me there was no fight; it was probably just everyone jumping into action trying to help keep Puna alive until the paramedics got there. We've lost a beautiful man but his aloha is with us...rest in peace and song, Puna.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6wndTPqcYQ&feature=related
Today our Puna will be laid to rest...Services begin at 8:00am in Kaimu...Mahalo ke Akua for gifting us with such a beautiful soul...

Aloha wau i'a o'e, Punaikeonaona...A hui hou...