Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bali House in Leilani
Does anyone know the owners of the Bali Style home in Leilani - anyone seen the beautiful home from the inside?

thanks in advance, i'm very intrigued by this home and style thats starting to pop up around the island

if anyone knows the builder or website that would be excellent info to provide the forum.

mahalo
noel

He is my next door neighbor and he built the home by himself. He recently put it on the market for well over $600K but just reduced it to $599K. It's a beautiful home!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

I met him and his wife last Dec. Yeah it's a nice home!!. So much so, I investigated the possibilities of building one similar.

Found a builder/manufacture in Bali and discussed it in depth. He has pre-engineered designs and my drawback was not being able to get him to modify one to my suiting. However, his 1,400 sq package was only 57k delivered. Another drawback is your money. While I felt reasonably comfortable with this manufacture, if you send the mo-la and the manufacture does not deliver, you are SOL.There's no protection and recourse is; 'for-get-a-bout-it!'.

On the other hand, there's a small business in Hilo that sells' just about the same thing for; 'from what I've been told' 200k.

If you are really interested do a massive search on the net for Bali Homes, and every other way you can think of, I found three in Bali from the net. Unfortunately, the links are on my computer in the mainland.

Regardless though, if you want one, I strongly advise you go there and shop.. Definitely 1/4 the price, delivered if direct from a Bali manufacture, verses any of the US suppliers I was able to find.

The fellow I'd spoke with in Bali was warning about most manufactures, that, they will use coconut wood (not coconut palm tree but name of type) if you are not wise enough to know the difference..Termites love coconut wood, BTW.

Ah, wait a minute, lucky, I found the link to that manufacture:

http://www.export-importbali.com/

All I can say is; he sounds reliable but, be warned: It's best you make the trip, twice. Once to confirm your manufacture and another to see that your package gets on a ship.

Incredible homes, and so simple to construct! My idea of hawaiian style made easy.

Edited by - Jeffhale on 05/11/2007 07:44:23
As an alternative, you might want to take a look at bamboo houses designed and sold by Bamboo Technologies in Maui. There are several now on the BI and we are building ours in Puna. The website is very comprehensive, so take a look.

thanks everyone for the suggestions, a person i know who built in maui also recommended that i travel there and make all the arrangements preferably through a freight forwarder including all the processing of payments through a bank or make sure they can send and you pay them a balance upon receipt, but letters of credit seem to be more standard, although i don't know if this is available in bali.

on another note, i'm also very interested in also importing alot of the building materials, teak, carved stone, bali pavilions, etc - has anyone ever tried doing this, was there many problems/issues that anyone can advise of this process from their experience?

thanks in advance

noel