Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamont Ranch Happenings
Thanks Pam for the # for Marie.

I have been offline most of this week and it has been a very emotionally charged week. It's just hard to face all this stuff while on so many medications that make me C R A Z Y. (ask Husband Bob.... crazy is putting it mildly).

Plans are that he and I fly to Honolulu early Monday for a day of hospital prep. Tuesday 7:30 am they begin the procedure. and should be finished by noonish if all goes as planned.

After that it is 4 days or so in hospital and then NO ONE KNOWS! Just have to see what the results are. Thank you everyone for your good thoughts and offers of help. Once I am ut of hospital they are talking rehab/nursing home but no one really knows . Once I am ready t come back, Karen Hall will be trying to coordnate for a caregiver depending on how much assistance I need, through Kaiser and Medicare. Other than that, she will coordinate all of you as well....

Karen Hall 989 5814. I am trying to just take it as it comes. It's hard. We are a bit overwhelmed but... hey.... the sun comes up every day and goes back down every night. I am working hard to accept letting go and breathing slow and deep!

Pam

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I'm praying for you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers Tuesday.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
IT'S PROBABLY a good thing I will be on Oahu. I marine 70 Punawebbers descending on he hospital if it were here in Hlo. We would make them crazier! If everyone sends cards and notes it will still make them nutz and I am inclined to have that happen.... so think of me and the good od fashioned pst office system. It could be fun tryng to get them to figure out who the hell I actually am. It's just a game but i love to play sometimes. Humor is the best medicine!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Pam,

Bob might consider getting a bus pass if he is staying outside of walking distance. After considering a rental car, I made that choice and am glad that I did, regardless of the cost savings. We were over there 10 days.
Time to get in the trenches. The battle begins.
Best wishes and fewer typos,
Dan
Wishing you the strength you need and the best of luck as you begin the journey tomorrow.
Okay everyone. My severe panic and dread and se se of loss of control and junk has settld. Many of you have been by t help with clean up (oh, goodness, this house is awful!!)) and cheer and distract me. It has all been more helpful than you can imagine.

Bob and I fly off Monday morning, spend a day at hospital in prep procedures (MRI, Anesthesa consult, bunch f other stuff). By 6 PM we hope to be t the hotel, have some dinner, aim for a little peaceful time together and get a good nights sleep. On Tuesday morning at 5:30 am we arrive at the surgical suites and then make final prep for a 7:30 surgery. My guess is Bob spends a couple hours barfing and pacing. However, all in all, he should be settled pretty much by noon or 1 Pm because it should be over by then.

Giveing him a call as a Punawebber art 1 or 2 PM may just be reassuring as long as you realize he will probably be making little sense except to say "She's okay". He won't know more. He will just know he is not alone. Our very special friend and Neighbor, Wendell Hall, will be with him and be staying for three or four nights at the hotel until Kaiser decides what the heck to do with me next!

Again, thank you for ALL YOUR SUPPORT, physical and spiritual. Punaweb is our family here and it is good to not be alone.

I kid you not that it will be fun to receive any hand written cards, notes, letters, etc. It is a great distraction for me and keeps the nurses gossiping. Gotta love stirring up the pot a bit Smile.

Hospital already has permission to give out information to the public, that I am there, what room, etc. It just gives them all something to gossip and laugh at. Nurses need that sometimes. We did this once when I was doing promo for a band. At one point someone asked a visitor "Who the hell is she?". They just said "You don't really know? Don't worry about it. Just be sure to treat her good. You won't want the publicity i things don't go well". It was hilarious. I am a kind patient but a little independent and eccentric. You can not imagine the things/stories/etc that staffers dream up. I am a playful soul so it's good for my spirit. i look forward to hearing from each and every one of you. I'll be at Kaiser Honolulu.
I may be able to communicate back and I may not. Hospital for about 4 days and then I don't know but they will forward anything from there I am sure. Depends on skilled nursing facility beds available and how the wound does...... How dramatic with the head bandage and such. at least this time I bugt some cheap but cmfy pajamas to keep there. The whole butt out the back of a gown thing is just so tasteless!!

Laughter is the best medicine and I expect to get planty of it from yu all!

"Oh Crap, She's up!"

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I'm a late arrival to this thread, so I'm sending you lots of retroactive aloha and positive energy. As you go through this whole messy process, know that you are embraced by scores of us who may or may not have ever met you, but who know and cherish you. Keep smiling...