Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saddle Road Update
Punafish, yes, I am the pedestrian, not the superior human. Sorry. However, what I find offensive from Oink is that he lives in Florida, not here, and has no real need to commute this island. His underlying problem, if you read what he said is the federal money was spent, and in his "expert" opinion, wasted. Yes, I take offense at this. He obviously never spent a great deal of time on this road or does he need it.
Jackson, I respect that it's your right to be offended. Just surprised you let oink (or anyone for that matter) have that kind of power over you.

I live on this island, use Saddle Road and am thrilled that they upgraded it. And yet oink was STILL unable to offend me, the quintessential pedestrian. How is this possible? Well, it helps to remind myself that oink's just a dude in Florida playing devil's advocate with no power to change or influence the current situation on Saddle Road. In this light, the notion of getting offended and upset seems like a silly waste of energy...to me anyway.

Now if oink's opinion could somehow influence or undo the improvements on Saddle Road? Then I might have a similar reaction as yours...but probably not.

Think of it this way: if this thread were a sporting event, you'd already have bragging rights and could say things like, "Go Saddle Road!", or "Saddle Road is number one!" or even "In your face oink!"

So enjoy your victory lap Jackson, you've won the competition, and with victory, the satisfaction of knowing that Saddle Road development will continue on without oink's blessing.

Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Punafish, of course I agree with you, with the exception of the last paragraph. This isn't about victory for me. My problems with Oink go back a long way and yes, he does offend me, not just over this. As I said, I am hardly the superior man although my goals are loftier than what I am. So, thanks for reminding me.
The 6(6) (earthwork) and 6(7) (paving) phases re-align Saddle Road from m.m 42 to m.m 14 on Mamalahoa Highway.

http://www.cflhd.gov/projects/StateProjectDetails.cfm?State=HI&WebProjectUID=10513

The HDOT is planning to extend Saddle Road to Queen Kaahumanu Highwa (near the vicinity of Waikoloa Beach Drive). This project, which is called the Saddle Road Extension, is still in the early planning stages.
I'm ignorant about the bus schedule but I suspect there are no buses that use Saddle Rd. at the present time. If that is true, when the new road opens up, I hope the county bus will offer a much faster and cheap form of passage from east side to west side for those of us who can't afford gas. And it might save fuel consumption for many who commute to the other side.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.