Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roundabout in Pahoa?
Wao nahele kane:
Correct.
Something about representation I guess.
Ha I bet they tear them out in a yr. They are a total nightmare, or should I say people can't figure out how to drive with them in the middle of the road.
The real concern is emergency services to lower Puna: HI Beaches/Shores, Nanawale, Leilani, Kapoho, Ophikao, Kalapana. Thousands live here. During the year of construction, all traffic will be routed to one "T" intersection at Pahoa Village Road and Kahakai (at Pahoa Auto Parts and Long's). All county transfer trucks, double gas tankers, food and beverage deliveries, Construction haulers will be diverted to this one intersection with a "timed" stoplight. This stoplight is not traffic sensitive, but operates on a set timer. To compound problems, there is no right turn lane on Kahakai or a merge lane accepting traffic onto Pahoa Village Road. One minor accident will gridlock all of the areas mentioned above in both directions. A major accident will prevent emergency services to get to or from those areas. Looking ahead, this will be a year of madness. Lost time, loss revenue, irate drivers, unsafe emergency response times. If they are going to experiment with us, they should take the cheaper route: Take down the barricade that used to go to Pahoa Village Road, let people access Malama Shopping Center and Pahoa Village with that exit, close down the right turn lane from 130 into Pahoa Village Road, and do it almost for free. The road is already there.
This from S. Yoshida regarding my request to see the roundabout plans:

"We do not provide project plans to the public prior to the bidding process. If you'd like a set of construction plans, then they can purchased after project is put out to bid. The earliest this project will go out to bid will be March 2013. It is the only roundabout currently programmed for Keaau-Pahoa Road."

So much for public input. (Or I missed it completely. More likely.)

-- rainshadow
-- rainshadow
And I pay more income taxes to the State of Hawaii than the IRS?
What arrogance![Sad!]
lystpo:
It may be a question of who the spur road belongs to.