Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Direct TV in Leilani
Aloha all, I have gone back through all of the forums to see if anyone has had Direct TV in the upper part of Leilani Estates and didn't see any comments. We are getting ready to move and are looking at TV cable possibilities. We know that Oceanic is on our street. Any thoughts or suggestions? We know it's not a perfect world and Oceanic goes down a lot and suspect Direct TV would also; but is one better than the other?

Mahalo....

Live, Laugh, Love
Live, Laugh, Love
Television is television. Satellite means rain fade, cable means fast internet.
I have no experience with Direct TV, but do have Oceanic and am glad I do. Oceanic flouts its commitment to provide service to neighborhoods of sufficient density, but the service itself is fast and is as reliable as anything can be when you are living on a large, organic barge. As a side note, I think it is interesting, confounding and a little frightening how "television" is being delivered in so many different ways and to and through so many different devices.
Broadband delivered by a traditional Cable TV company (i.e., Oceanic) is hands down currently the fastest internet available, for consumer grade, provided the cable is in good shape (and not overloaded). Some technologies are on deck that might give it a run for it's money on the wireless side of things, but that's a few years out.

As for television, it's not necessarily the forté of traditional cable (Oceanic), and there's not much of an advantage over satellite. It should be a matter of price vs. selection.

Of course, I'm biased towards over-the-air television :-) (which might not be the best option for Leilani unless you're on Kahukai Street)
"As a side note, I think it is interesting, confounding and a little frightening how "television" is being delivered in so many different ways and to and through so many different devices."

You, me, and George Orwell.
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I have always found very useful information on the Punaweb forums. We are looking forward to finally getting there. [Smile]

Live, Laugh, Love
Live, Laugh, Love
I have had Direct TV for 8 years now. I live in Hawaiian Shores. I absolutely love my satellite services. The picture quality is excellent. I have never had not even one lost signal due to the rain in all of the years we have had direct TV. My parents gave Oceanic and they live a few streets from me and they have so many outages that I lost count. The quality of the broadcast is below Direct TV. Let me know if you choose Direct TV and use my recommendation, we both get a lot of money off of our bills for the next year! Trust me my husband and I would never go to any other providers.

Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com
Enjoy life, smile, show compassion and most importantly be grateful for the things you have!
www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com