Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temporary WiFi Access?
Aloha,

I'm here one week out of each month, building my retirement tiny house. During that time, I need to check in at work for a few hours on certain days. We have no electricity yet.

Where can a person hook into a good connection? I hate to eternally occupy a cafe seat. Does Island Naturals have a hot spot? How about the HPP Community Center? I'm willing to pay a small amount. Just need a connection, an electrical outlet, a chair, and a small surface. Outside OK if covered.

Mahalo in advance! Deborah

"Let the beauty we love be what we do." --Rumi
rhythmfullcircle.com

rhythmfullcircle.com

McDonalds

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jlgerk
All of the State Libraries have wifi.$10.00 for a non resident library card,good for 3 months or $25.00 for 5 years.

There are libaries in Pahoa and Keaau.
Pahoa library is your best option. Cheapest option is Puna Java in Pahoa (or is that Sirius now) for the cost of a cup of coffee in the morning or other similar nearby internet cafe (as of my Sep. 2011 trip) or the McDonalds in Keaau but not a nice environment. Worst case would be drive to Hilo Starbucks. There is at least one expensive signal you can pay to get onto but may vary depending on exact location.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Puna-Java/...446?v=info
Target now has guest wi-fi throughout the store - I imagine it extends to the Starbucks at the front as well.

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Safeway next to Target has a nice cafe area at the front with wifi. Nobody ever seems to buy anything, just use the free wifi.
Mahalo, everyone. this is good information. Who knew the area was so resource-rich?

rhythmfullcircle.com

rhythmfullcircle.com

I believe the burger king has free wifi.

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Some Home Depots have free wifi
The best is the University... esp around the library & UCB.

During school days until 4pm you will need to pay for parking, but you can sit out on the library plaza (even after those hours...)

Really handy if you are planning to go to one of the many evening lectures, films or theater offerings...