Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arriving October 6th, looking for a bank
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandguy...
I have been with HFS since and like them just fine. No problems getting loans at all and people are friendly.

I like that we can agree on some things! [Big Grin]

Yup, I find more of things we agree on as time goes on.
Decided to post on this topic instead of opening a new banking topic since some of this info is really good and don't want folks to have to repeat posts.

I have again reunited with my x-wife. This is time #3, but this time I am not don't the military stint where I am gone often. So, we think third time is a charm. [Big Grin]

We want to open a new joint account at a LOCALLY OWNED bank.
My current bank is Bank of Hawaii. My wife's current bank is First Hawaiian.
Here is the question:
What banks are owned locally? HFS? American Savings? Bank of Hawaii?
I think First Hawaiian is owned by French company. Not sure though. I want my accounts to be only locally owned.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
OG _ Congratulations on the 3rd time (may it be the charm)

BankOH is locally owned (largest locally owned in state, Honolulu based, majority shareholders within state).

I am pretty sure the many of credit unions are also local owned (but may be wrong....) Have been to the shareholders meetings for CU Hawaii & it seems local... We have been really pleased with the service & # of outlets with the credit union...
good for the both of you. peace
USAA, if you can...

“Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.”
-Ron Paul
Have had a very good relationship with CU Hawaii - very flexible to meet my needs, personable as well, a small bank at its best.

Keeping the money circulating on the BI - good for everyone - 'cept the mainland bank holding companies imho
thanks for the suggestions. we went with CU Hawaii.
Once again, BOH met my LOWEST expectations of how to treat people at the time of a loved one passing.