Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Really Great Play up at KMC/Volcano
I had to drag DH up there, 'cause I had read that it was REALLY THAT GOOD...but "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)" is even better.... but the audience was way tooo sparse for the talent that was on stage...

This is a senior project by 3 of the most talented stundents at UH-H (I know, some eyes have glazed over...but this is sooo good that I will continue to try to get you hooked enough to see it..)

Side splitting humor, great acting & singing .... kinda a "Monty Python meets William Shakespeare"... along with a few knock 'em dead soliloquies how can you say no????

This is great for lovers of the bard, AND those really do not care for that old fart!

You still have a chance, Sundays, March 17 & 24 at 2:30 & next Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm
Sounds fun... But I started looking around and found out there is more to it...

http://bigislandweekly.com/sections/e/uh...aring.html

RHPS FTW. Smile Thanks... I'll be there for that one. Sounds more fun.
I keep seeing "KMC" mentioned in various places, but I still don't know what/where it is, other than Volcano somewhere.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Kilauea Military Camp (KMC) is inside the gate of Volcano National Park. You have to drive past the hotel and turn right at the military camp. If you are attending an event just tell the person at the gate and there will be no entry charge. Nice small old timey theater.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
“Shadow cast is where actors the entire movie in front of the large screen as the movie playing in the background,” says Cowan. “We will embellish it with other music and have full participation from the audience.” Vizzome shares, “concept for the music will be pre-show and intermission show and to embellish with musical accents. It is real challenge to add to the music that is already there.”
Good grief. Where does the Tribune-Herald find these "writers"?