Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawn Mower warning
I know, this should be in Gardening, but too important to miss. This was news to me when it happened & am old enough to know better, but didn't. If you hit a rock big enough to stop the mower engine, it can & probably will bend the crankshaft. That means you can just throw out the entire lawn mower as repair is cost prohibitive. I've mentioned this to a few people & they were unaware too, so this is my public service for today - Don't gamble about hitting rocks with your mower or you'll have to buy a new one! & no, I'm not going to just trash my beautiful 4 year old Toro self propelled, probably donate it to my mower repair guy. Lesson learned, as usual, the hard way.
You can re-engine it. Probably better than fixing. What engine is it?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Lord, I wish my neighbor would bend her crankshaft, or something. She hits rocks constantly and shoots them everywhere like bullets. She's put several through my screened lanai and I fear for my solar water heater panels. She mows, I hide.

Today is the oldest you've ever been and the youngest you'll ever be, enjoy this day!
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
My last lawn mower had a pin that sheared off when you hit a rock, saving the crankshaft. I replaced a few pins but never the crankshaft. It was a relatively cheap yardman, but this issue is why most people use weed eaters here.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb