Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forklift rental
Hi all,
My container will be picked up in a few days and be delivered 18-19 days at our home in Puna. I am using a forklift I rented at a local rental place here to load the heavier items that cannot be loaded by person...ie: generators, weling machine, Harley, fridge and so forth. I am having a problem locating this service in Puna that doesn't require me to purchase a million dollar liabilty policy at about $500 from my insurance agent there on the BI. The forklift rental itself only costs me $135 a day at Puna Rents. I only need the forklift for a few hours. I have operated forklifts my entire working life , but they also require an operators and/or certification as well to rent, which I have...my question is does anyone know of someone that could help me out without spending an arm and a leg just so I can use it for a few hours? Even a small to medium skid with fork attachments could possibly work? Much thanks in advance for anyone that might know. Oh, and the ETA for the container arrival would be somewhere between the 22nd and the 26th of April. Oh and I forgot to mention location will be in Nanawale Estates.
You could rent a small flatbed truck from Harper's. One with a hydraulic lift gate. That would do about the same thing as far as getting heavy things off the container.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Big Island Bound, if you need help unloading, get a hold of me and if my schedule allows I would be happy to lend a hand. I live in Nanawale as well. Welcome to the neighborhood.
enjoy,
River.

riverwolf
riverwolf
Welcome to the neighborhood!
quote:
Originally posted by riverwolf

Big Island Bound, if you need help unloading, get a hold of me and if my schedule allows I would be happy to lend a hand. I live in Nanawale as well. Welcome to the neighborhood.
enjoy,
River.

riverwolf

Yeah maybe you don't need a forklift. I don't have a very strong back anymore but I might be able to help you guys muscle it out.
Maybe find a neighbor with a tractor with fork attachment. I've helped a couple of mine.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Thanks so much for all offers of help, and we will most definately need some. I still will be in need of a forklift of some sorts though as I have a few items already loaded that are between 400-800 pounds. Thank you again!