Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
home owners insurance
I live in hawaiian shores which is lava zone 2. I am looking for new insurance for my home. Any ideas? Would love to compare. And who most people use in the area. thanks!!

I avoided lava zone 2 because of the insurance issues, so I can only give a couple suggestions.

Make friends with the neighbors and ask who they use. There are very FEW options for carriers.

Contact Lloyds of London. That sounds over the top but a couple people hav mentioned in the past that they used them becuase they were the only ones who would insure in those lava zones.

Good luck, and welcome to Hawaii.... the problems are interesting but the life is wonderful if you can just let go of old ideas and roll with things as they are...

Aloha!!

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
lavazone two doesn't give too much choices....most of your neighbors probably have insurance that was cheaper then but not available for new buyers in the area....

the only avaiable insurance now is the state insurance and loyds which is even more expensive....my two bedroom/1 bath 1,200 square foot home in hawaiian beaches is approx $120 monthly for fire and hurricane for being in lava zone two...

if you find anything different, please advise me, i would love to reduce this big expense....

noel

We avoided the lava zone 1/2 due to the insurance and mortgage costs also. However, the broker I was working with provided this list below, might be useful to someone....

INSURANCE COMPANIES:

American Reliable Ins. Co. 1-800-245-1505 (AKA: Pyramid Ins.)

Bishop Ins. Co. 935-8508

Pyramid Ins. 969-7174 ext:223 Royce Ebesu

Zepher Ins. Co. 1-808-440-5400

Edited by - adias on 10/01/2005 20:24:02
Thanks for the help! If i find something worth posting, I will.

I just went through interesting ordeal getting insurance in Ninole, the underwriters at the mainland company I've used for 20+ years determined property was too high risk.
Looks like I'm about to get a policy issued thanks to Maurice Miranda:

Maurice G. Miranda
All lines of Insurance
45-3551 Mamane St., A-3
Honoka'a, HI 96727
(808)775-7227 office
(808)775-9917 fax
(808)550-1086 Honolulu Fax

If you're looking, it's worth a call.
David

Ninole Resident